Please understand that when a reservation is made with Marker 38, it is a commitment on our part to hold seats in a kayak, tour boat and/or stand-up paddleboard for you. This often involves considerable work on our part to make sure that the right equipment is ready for you at the right place and time. We can (and often do) turn away others from that particular date (or trip). If you decide to cancel, it can be difficult for us to book someone else on that trip, and in some cases may cause a trip to be canceled due to the effect on minimum group size requirements. With this in mind, we have implemented the following cancellation policy:
- Up to seven (7) days prior to the event: Full refunds of any fees paid will be given during this time period. There is no charge for rescheduling during this time period.
- Seven (7) days prior to the event: Your reservation is considered final, and all fees are due and payable. Unpaid credit card deposits will be charged. After this time no money will be refunded
- Within seven (7) days (including the day of the event): all cancellations and no shows will be charged in full with no refunds or reschedules unless due to inclement weather. (see below)
We attempt in all cases to determine prior to your tour launch if the weather will impede your trip. However, there are rare occasions where we have launched and weather patterns change suddenly at which time we must return to shore.
In this case, the following policies apply and each patron is responsible to contact the office to make arrangements.
When the tour is canceled after we already launched the kayaks and must return to shore within the first hour patrons can:
- Reschedule with a future trip
- Receive a 50% refund
When a tour is canceled before we have launched the kayaks or boat tour can:
- Reschedule the same trip on a future date (at no cost)
- Cancel completely. Each patron is responsible to contact the office to make arrangements.